In the last week of the semester, I think that taking this course
helped me distinguish between the past and now, moreover open my eyes to the
changes and evolution of leisure specifically in the Middle East. Without
taking Sports, Leisure and Society course, I think that noticing the differences
between now and the 19th century would be a very difficult task.
This course taught me how to spend time learning independently, manage my time
while creating presentations to show in-class and also getting to share and
talk about my joyful moments from the past.
One of the tasks I truly had fun accomplishing was performing the
Case Study. We (our project team) had a very hard time communicating with
several leisure landmarks in Abu Dhabi and getting their approvals for the
interview was a total nightmare. But this taught me not to give up, with the
proper and professional approach, we managed to get the permission of Al Forsan
International Sports Resort to agree on a date for the interview.
In the end of this course, I am aware of my country’s various sport
and leisure spots and I think talking about fun activities to do in Abu Dhabi
is not an issue anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment